Who we are
Discover a new culture through language
Who we are
Baltic and Nordic countries are part of one region with a shared history. Neighbouring countries’ language skills and cultural awareness are, therefore, indisputably important for citizens in the region,especially for young people in today’s globalised mobile society.
NordPlus project „Play Your way To Norway“, which is being implemented by Soros International House (www.sih.lt) from Lithuania and Aftenskolen (www.aftenskolen.no) from Norway, intends to take advantage of today’s youth’s innate enthusiasm for virtual games, their increasingly apparent shift towards the digital world and self-guided learning and seeks to strengthen intercultural communication between Lithuanian and Norwegian young people through the use of this online educational tool and self-directed learning approach.
Main aims of the project:
- promote Norwegian language and culture and mutual Nordic-Baltic linguistic and cultural understanding;
- stimulate Nordic-Baltic people's interest in the Norwegian language and culture;
- focus on activities that strengthen Norwegian young people’s computational thinking and improve Norwegian language comprehension in young people in Lithuania and the Nordic-Baltic region.
Main outcoms and activities:
- create an online educational game with support of Youth for Diversity Agder from Kristiansand promoting Norwegian language and culture;
- pilot the game at associated partner school – Vilnius Karoliniškių gymnasium (http://www.vkg.vilnius.lm.lt/vkg/) in Lithuania with 15-18-year-old pupils and collect feedback;
- organise a meeting in Norway between young people from the pilot training and Norwegian youth who created content for the game, to finalise the game;
- promote the platform and the game through social media and encourage people from the Nordic-Baltic region to use it as a tool for self-directed learning;
- organise the final project conference in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Many of the illustrated video segments have been produced by Youth for Diversity Agder (https://www.facebook.com/pg/ydagder). Youth for Diversity Agder is an organization of high school students from Kristiansand Katedralskole Gimle. They have produced the video segments as a part of their creativity, activity and service subject while studying for the International Baccalaureate. Youth for Diversity's goal is to break down the stereotypes and misconceptions surrounding minorities by working against discrimination within their local community and internationally to promote diversity and equality for all.