How our program works
Discover a new culture through language
Official launch of Play Your Way to Norway educational platform - January 24, 2021!
How our program works
Welcome to Play Your Way to Norway!
NOTICE: This program has not been completed yet – we are still in the process of adding new lessons and engaging content. The program will be finalized once the platform is piloted and tested by the focus group. Nevertheless, you can already start enjoying these lessons!
This is a free educational platform for all those who want to learn about Norway, its language and culture. This program consists of two modules: Norwegian Language and Norwegian Culture. Each module has 10 lessons. After successful completion of all the lessons in both modules, you will not only be knowledgeable in the areas of Norwegian history, geography, traditions, education, and many other, but you will also be able to receive a digital certificate of the Norwegian language level A1!
The platform was developed by Soros International House (Lithuania) and Aftenskolen Agder (Norway). You can read more about the creators of the platform in the WHO WE ARE section.
2. To start, select one of the two modules – Norwegian Language, or Norwegian Culture. These modules are independent of one another, so you can always go back and forth between them 😉
3. Start with Lesson 1, regardless of which module you are in, and learn the information provided in the Video, Audio, and Text tabs.
4. Add difficult words and phrases to the glossary, which is always on the top right of the page.
5. Click on Start Test once you are ready to test your knowledge at the end of each lesson, and answer the questions. You get points for each correct answer. But keep in mind – you only get one chance to get as many points as possible!
6. Proceed to Lesson 2 after taking the test in Lesson 1, and so on.
7. Download the certificate of Norwegian language level A1 after the completion of the Language module!
People learn languages at very different rates. This program is designed to help you learn Norwegian. In order to learn the language well, you will have to spend some time on each module and also take time to review the material. There are a lot of good resources available in addition to our game, and we recommend that you use a variety of learning techniques. Lykke til! (Good luck!)